Employee Performance Appraisals
Employee performance appraisals is the process of letting your employees know what it is that they are and are not doing well. If you are not giving any kind of performance appraisal at least once a quarter, then you are not you continue ignoring your company, as well as the employee. If an employee doesn’t know what they are doing wrong or that they could still use some improvement in an area, how will they understand their actions? If they are not working to increase their job performance, isn’t that damaging to your business? Your employees do not read minds. You have to communicate openly and honestly.
What are the Top Four Reasons for Needing Employee Performance Appraisals?
- Establish clear performance expectations that are aligned with desired business results.
- Hold employees accountable for clearly defined key performance indicators, objectives, and behaviors.
- Evaluate performance over a period of time looking for patterns of needed improvement.
- Provide meaningful feedback celebrating successes and helping improve where needed.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses.
Benefits of Implementing Employee Appraisals
- Define measurable performance factors and objectives that align with business strategy and drive desired behaviors and results.
- Customize your appraisal form or automate the entire appraisal process.
- Communicate expectations, track performance, hold employees accountable, and conduct impartial, consistent reviews.
HR Service Employee Appraisals Deliverable’s
- Performance Monitoring
- Clearly defined performance criteria and measures
- Clearly defined individual job objectives
- Management by objectives system
- Guidelines to implement the performance appraisal and conduct the assessment
- Appraisal Forms and Survey’s
- Communication and implementation strategy that delivers results
- Conducting effective performance appraisal guidelines
- Career planning and employee development tools
According To the Harvard Business Review
In an article written by the Harvard Business Review, It is widely recognized that there are many things inherently wrong with most of the performance appraisal systems in use. The most obvious drawbacks are:
- No matter how well defined the dimensions for appraising performance on quantitative goals are, judgments on performance are usually subjective and impressionistic.
- Because appraisals provide inadequate information about the subtleties of performance, managers using them to compare employees for the purposes of determining salary increases often make arbitrary judgments.
The positive results of employee accountability through Employee appraisals:
- improved performance,
- more employee participation and involvement,
- elevated feelings of competency,
- increased employee commitment to the work,
- greater creativity and innovation, and
- higher employee morale and satisfaction with the work.
Read what our clients are saying about HR Service, Inc.
“We have worked with HR Service for a couple of years now and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. They make themselves available to come on-site and perform training for our employees and upper management, we receive monthly calls checking in to see how things are going and if something comes up before that call, I know I can call or e-mail our HR Business Coach and will get a response within hours. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable about current policies and laws that keep our company and our employees safe and compliant. HR Service offers a variety of options, as far as creating a plan for how much assistance the business needs so that you aren’t paying for something you don’t need, but if you are in the middle of a big project and require more help at that time, it is available as well. For a young, startup company that needed help but didn’t require bringing on an executive-level Human Resources specialist, this was the far and away from the best option. I would recommend HR Services to anyone and everyone.”
HR DIRECTOR –